Thursday, March 3, 2011

It's a Mad Mad World

Image001
So where have I been.  Well for the most part it is probably not something that has gone very noticed, that I have a significant gap of time I am missing over ad ADOL (Another Day of Life).  Yes the site is about to have its 4th birthday, but of course the “re-invention” and life in general has taken its toll and my readership has pretty much gone to nothing.

That’s the big thing about an online presence be it blogging, or sales or whatever. If you don’t always maintain this consistent presence until you are a superstar, (al la problogger.net), you can very quickly find yourself faded into the distance.  I can easily say I was never a blogging superstar, and with all of the struggles life had to offer, I got very hard to become one.

So I did something I had announced a long time ago on my blog, that the original writer of Blogging away Debt even blogged about, I stepped away.  My posting became something of a sporadic affair, and really only when the urge hit me.  It was a very different world.

So here I am a few years later, and I often lament about ADOL.  Should it stay or go? Should it go off into the “internet archives”, or do I find a way to make it relevant again?  Well the jury is still out on that one.  So for now it limps along awaiting the answer still deep within my thoughts. 

One way I am trying to think of an answer is from a movie, I admittedly liked (though I didn’t want to).  The 2010 version of the Karate Kid. Again, I didn’t want to like it but I did.

The Jackie Chan character of Mr. Han, tells the Jaden Smith Character Dre, that in teaching him Kung Fu, he (Mr. Han) learned a valuable lesson.

“Life will knock us down.  We can choose to get back up again.”

I wonder if in many ways I have not made that choice yet.

See you soon (I hope)

~Family Man

http://www.anotherdayoflife.com

No comments: